Commitments to EnvironmentWe recognise that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. Training Dragon are committed, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and when work takes us away from the office.
This policy sets out how the organization will manage, monitor, measure and otherwise be accountable for its ongoing environmental performance.
It attainment of the Policy, we commit to comply with all local, the UK and international law relating to the environment.
Action PlanIt is our aim to:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product and services range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Raise awareness, encourage participation and educate our workforce in environmental issues and the environmental effects of their activities.
- Reduce pollution.
- Save energy.
Training Dragon ensures where possible:
1. Paper saving:
- Use recycled paper and board, and use products from sustainable forests in the UK where possible, e.g. laser paper.
- Encourage our customers to consider recycled paper for their printing needs. We operate recycling of all paper waste.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible (e.g. sending quote documents as PDF files, singing last pages of scanned copies of contract instead of sending by fax, requesting e-brochures rather than paper format).
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- All screens are switched off at night.
- All lights are switched off at night.
- Air conditioning is switched off at night.
- All printers and computer settings are pre-set to black print as default.
- All ink cartridges and drums are recycled.
- All our members of staff either use public transport or cycle/walk to work.
- We avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email.
- Recycle of all card and paper waste.
- Avoid the use of postal services, saving on transportation and on paper (envelopes), e.g. emailing invoices and statements of accounts instead.
- Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company, e.g. give away/sell items such as computers and printers that we no longer use via the Gumtree website.
ComplaintsComplaints under this policy should be raised with the Managing Director who may take advice and, if appropriate, implement change. No person or supplier who raises a complaint is to suffer detriment as a result of raising the complaint.
Availability of the PolicyA paper copy of this Policy is kept at the Training Dragon’s headquarters.
This Policy will be made available upon request to customers, suppliers, the local community and other interested parties. It will be displayed on our website.
Responsibilities for ImplementationIt is the responsibility of senior management to ensure that this policy is implemented throughout the organization.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Director to ensure that this policy is properly maintained and up to date.