PRINCE2 Training Course
By experienced Prince2 certified project managers
Location: Kings Cross, London
Upcoming Class: 23 Jun 2013
|23 Jun 2013||Sun||10:00 - 17:00||5||£1400.00||Reserve|
|08 Jul 2013||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri||10:00 - 17:00||5||£1400.00||Reserve|
|22 Jul 2013||Mon, Thu||18:30 - 21:30||10||£1400.00||Reserve|
PRINCE2 course overviewThe 5-day Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner course combines theory and practice, working around a case study to establish a sound understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology. This course is designed to prepare you for the corresponding Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner certification exam.
This Prince2 course is divided into two sections.
Firstly, a 3-day Prince2 Foundation course providing a solid understanding of the scope, content, terminology and processes of PRINCE2 and resulting in participants taking the Foundation Examination on the final day.
Secondly, a 2-day Practitioner course, allowing delegates the opportunity to gain a wider understand of the application of PRINCE2 in a Project context by discussing and practicing the application of these skills in a facilitated environment and resulting in participants taking the Practitioner examination on the final day.
Delegates will learn
- Understand the importance of projects and project management
- How Prince2 meets project management requirement
- Understand the structure of PRINCE2
- Implement the PRINCE2 process model in a variety of environments
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes
- Create a Project Brief
- Create a Project Organisation Structure
- Initiate a project
- Create Project Initiation Documentation
- Prepare the appropriate level of plans using the Product Based Planning technique
- Apply progress control mechanisms
- Understand the principles of PRINCE2 Quality Management
- Undertake Risk analysis and management in a project environment
- Apply change control mechanisms
- Apply Configuration Management within a PRINCE2 Risk Management approach
- Tune PRINCE2:2009 for differing environments
- Participate as an informed member within a project management team
Who is PRINCE2 training for?
- This course is suitable for those who wish to undertake the examinations in PRINCE2 administered by the APMGroup.
- Project Managers wishing to learn about project management generally and the PRINCE2 method in particular.
- This training is also suitable for anyone looking to pursue a career in project environment.
Prerequisites for PRINCE2 course
- Delegates should have a basic awareness of project work in business environment.
- Pre-Course Work and Reading: Delegates will receive a copy of the PRINCE2 Manual and a pre-course Workbook by email prior to attending the course. The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is strongly advised that candidates spend 10 hours working through the pre-reading.
PRINCE2 Course Contents
Introduction to PRINCE2
- Introduction to Project Management
- Overview of PRINCE2
- PRINCE2 terminology
- Prince2 Principles
- The Process Model
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to your project environment.
Business Case theme
- Life cycle of the Business Case
- The Project Mandate through to its role closing a Project
- Writing a Benefits Review Plan
- How to write and update the Business Case during the project
- Why the Business Case is the key to a successful project
Starting up a Project and Organisation (Pre-project activities)
- The organisational structure
- Project Management Team
- Project Mandate
- From Project Mandate to Project Brief
- Many forms of Project Mandate
- Validating Project Mandate before turning into a project
Initiating a Project
- The start of a PRINCE2 project
- Various strategies - Risk, Quality, Configuration and Communications Management
- How to set up a Project Plan
- The Project Initiation Documentation (PID)
- How to manage risks
- How to create a Risk Management Strategy
- How to apply the Risk procedure to any uncertainty
- Importance of quality to PRINCE2
- The role quality in product acceptance
- Importance of describing quality in measurable terms
- Create the Quality Management Strategy
- How to describe your products in the correct format
- Importance of planning
- Plans theme
- How to create a PRINCE2 plan
- PRINCE2 Product-Based Planning
- How to create appropriate diagrams for Product-Based Planning
Change control and Configuration Management
- Why change is inevitable in most projects
- How to follow the change process
- Manage your products using the Configuration Management Strategy
- Importance of using a change control process.
- How products need to be signed off
- The product description - baseline
- Communications Strategy
- Manage communications with stakeholders
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery processes
- How to review product quality under PRINCE2
- Project Manager Activities in managing a Stage Boundary
- What the Project Board reviews in an end stage assessment
Closing a Project
- Activities of Closing a Project
- Relevant documentation for project closure approve
Directing a Project
- How Project Board are accountable for the success and continuation of the project
- The process of directing a Project
- Responsibility for key decisions
Tailoring PRINCE2 in a Project Environment
- How PRINCE2 can be tailored to suit any particular situation
- Adapted to the different environments
PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Certification ExaminationsThe Foundation and Practitioner examinations are part of the course. All delegates will sit the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner examination. Sample papers for both examinations are provided to delegates and worked through during the course. The examination scheme is administered by the Association for Project Management Group Ltd.
PRINCE2 Foundation Certification ExaminationPRINCE2 Foundation exam will be in the late afternoon of the third day of the course, which is a one-hour, 75 questions, multi-choice paper.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification ExaminationsThe Practitioner exam on day 5, the new format Practitioner examination that is a two and a half hour, nine question, objective testing paper.
You can find reviews from previous delegates on Training Dragon reviews & feedback section here.