Advanced Microsoft Excel course overview
This Microsoft Excel course explains how to use Microsoft Excel like an expert. Delegates will learn Microsoft Excel by working on many practical exercises with help of an experienced MOS qualified instructor. This course covers a range of advanced topics.
This Microsoft Excel course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends. A list of all upcoming public Microsoft Excel training course is given on training dragon website. Each course is restricted to a maximum of ten delegates to ensure an excellent training experience.
This course prepares you for Microsoft Office Expert certification in Microsoft Excel 2013 : Exam 427 and 428
Prerequisites for Advanced Microsoft Excel course
Basic experience of Microsoft Excel.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Microsoft Office expert instructor:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Microsoft Excel solutions for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Microsoft Excel training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice:
Our Microsoft Excel courses are designed to get you started in Microsoft Excel. We work on industry related projects and tasks in this Microsoft Excel course.
- Course Material:
Microsoft Excel electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive Microsoft Excel course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Microsoft Excel do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Advanced Microsoft Excel Course Contents
Excel Course Contents
- Manage workbook changesApply advanced conditional formatting and filtering
- Track changes, manage comments, identify errors, troubleshoot with tracing, display all changes, retain all changes
- Write custom conditional formats, use functions to format cells, create advanced filters, manage conditional formatting rules
- Prepare a workbook for internationalization and accessibility
- Modify tab order among workbook elements and objects, display data in multiple international formats, modify worksheets for use with accessibility tools, utilize international symbols, manage multiple options for +Body and +Heading fonts
- Look up data with functions
- Utilize the LOOKUP function, utilize the VLOOKUP function, utilize the HLOOKUP function, utilize the TRANSPOSE function
- Apply advanced date and time function
- Utilize the NOW and TODAY functions, use functions to serialize dates and times
- Create advanced chart elements
- Add trendlines to charts, create dual axis charts, create custom chart templates, view chart animations
- Create and manage PivotTables
- Create new PivotTables, modify field selections and options, create a slicer, group records, utilize calculated fields, format data, utilize PowerPivot, manage relationships
- Manage multiple workbooks
- Modify existing templates, merge multiple workbooks, manage versions of a workbook, copy styles from template to template, copy macros from workbook to workbook, link to external data
- Apply custom data formats
- Create custom formats (Number, Time, Date), create custom accounting formats, use advanced Fill Series options
- Apply custom styles and templates
- Create custom color formats, create and modify cell styles, create and modify custom templates, create form fields
- Apply functions in formulas
- Utilize the IF function in conjunction with other functions, utilize AND/OR functions, utilize nested functions, utilize SUMIFS, AVERAGEIFS, and COUNTIFS functions
- Create scenarios
- Utilize the watch window, consolidate data, enable iterative calculations, utilize What If analysis tools (including Goal Seek), utilize the Scenario Manager, use financial functions
- Create and manage PivotCharts
- Create new PivotCharts, manipulate options in existing PivotCharts, apply styles to PivotCharts