Advanced Microsoft Word course overview
This Microsoft Word course explains how to use Microsoft Word like an expert. Delegates will learn Microsoft Word by working on many practical exercises with help of an experienced MOS qualified instructor. This course covers a range of advanced topics.
This Microsoft Word course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends. A list of all upcoming public Microsoft Word training course is given on training dragon website. Each course is restricted to a maximum of ten delegates to ensure an excellent training experience.
This course prepares you for Microsoft Office Expert certification in Microsoft Word 2013 Expert Part Two: Exam 77-425 and Exam 77-426
Prerequisites for Advanced Microsoft Word course
Basic experience of Microsoft Word.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Microsoft Office expert instructor:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Microsoft Word solutions for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Microsoft Word training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice:
Our Microsoft Word courses are designed to get you started in Microsoft Word. We work on industry related projects and tasks in this Microsoft Word course.
- Course Material:
Microsoft Word electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive Microsoft Word course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Microsoft Word do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Advanced Microsoft Word Course Contents
- Prepare documents for review
- Set tracking options, limit authors, restrict editing, delete document draft version, remove document metadata, mark as final, protect a document with a password
- Apply advanced formatting
- Use wildcards in find and replace searches, create custom field formats, set advanced layout options, set character space options, set advanced character attributes, create and break section links, link text boxes
- Apply advanced styles
- Create custom styles, customize settings for existing styles, create character-specific styles, assign keyboard shortcuts to styles
- Manage forms, fields, and mail merge operations
- Add custom fields, modify field properties, add controls, modify control properties, perform mail merges, manage recipient lists, insert merged fields, preview results
- Create and modify building blocks
- Create custom building blocks, save selections as Quick Parts, edit building block properties, delete building blocks
- Create custom style sets and templates
- Create custom color themes, create custom font themes, create custom templates, create and manage style sets
- Manage multiple documents
- Modify existing templates, merge multiple documents, manage versions of documents, copy styles from template to template, use the style organizer, copy macros from document to document, link to external data, move building blocks between documents
- Manage document changes
- Track changes, manage comments, use markup options, resolve multi-document style conflicts, display all changes
- Apply advanced ordering and grouping
- Create outlines, promote sections in outlines, create master documents, insert subdocuments, link document elements
- Create and manage indexes
- Create indexes, update indexes, mark index entries, use index auto-mark files
- Create and manage reference tables
- Create a table of contents, create a table of figures, format a table of contents, update a table of authorities, set advanced reference options (captions, footnotes, citations)
- Prepare a document for internationalization and accessibility
- Configure language options in documents, add alt-text to document elements, create documents for use with accessibility tools, manage multiple options for +Body and +Heading fonts, utilize global content standards, modify tab order in document elements and objects