Exam 642-902: Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) course overview
Credit Toward Certification
This exam counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
To register for this course, please click here CCNP
Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) v1.0 is an instructor-led training course presented by Cisco training partners to their end customers. This five-day course and 7.5 hours of self-paced e-learning is designed to help students prepare for Cisco CCNP® certification. The ROUTE course is a component of the CCNP curriculum.
The ROUTE course is designed for network engineers with at least one year of professional work experience, who are ready to advance their skills and work independently on complex network solutions. Students will learn to plan, configure and verify the implementation of secure enterprise LAN and WAN routing solutions using a range of routing protocols. Course also covers configuration of solutions to support branch offices and mobile workers.
Upon completing this course, the student will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks.
- Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks based on requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multiarea routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations in order to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network.
- Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multi-protocol network that uses Cisco IOS features to control path selection and provides a loop-free topology according to a given network design and requirements.
- Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools needed to provide Layer 3 path control that uses Cisco IOS features to control the path.
- Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider.
This short CCNP fast track course is hands-on, instructor led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is Exam 642-902: Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) training for?
- Channel Partner / Reseller
Prerequisites for Exam 642-902: Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) course
- Valid Cisco CCNA certification can act as a prerequisite.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Cisco certified trainers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Cisco networking solutions across a range of companies for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Cisco training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Practical Projects:
This CCNP training is designed to prepare you not only for CCNP certification, but also to train you for your next job. To do this, next to certification you will also work on real-world practical CCNP related exercises in this CCNP course. This will ensure that you can apply the knowledge gained from this course to your work environment.
- Course Material and Practice exams:
CCNP electronic notes are included in this course. You will also take practice exams as part of the course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training you will receive CCNP course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding CCNP, do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers and career consultants are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our career consultants.
- Pass Guarantee and Train again for Free:
We are sure that you will pass your CCNP certification exam at first attempt. However, if you don’t, you can come back within a year and take the complete course for free.
- Official Course Curriculum:
This CCNP certification course is based on the official Cisco recommended course syllabus.
View Complete Course outline
Exam 642-902: Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Course Contents
- Module 0: Course Overview
- Module 1: Planning Routing Services
- Module 2: Implementing an EIGRP based Solution
- Module 3: Implementing a Scalable Multiarea Network OSPF based Solution
- Module 4: Implement an IPv4 based redistribution solution
- Module 5: Implement Path Control
- Module 6: Connecting an Enterprise Network to ISP Networks
- E-Learning ROUTE-01 of 3: Implement Path Control
- E-Learning ROUTE-02 of 3: Implementing IPv6
- E-Learning ROUTE-03 of 3: Implementing Routing Facilities for Branch Offices and Mobile Workers
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice.
Implement an EIGRP based solution, given a network design and a set of requirements
- Determine network resources needed for implementing EIGRP in a network
- Create an EIGRP implementation plan
- Create an EIGRP verification plan
- Configure EIGRP routing
- Verify an EIGRP solution was implemented properly using show and debug commands
- Document the verification results for an EIGRP implementation
Implement a multi-area OSPF Network, given a network design and a set of requirements
- Determine network resources needed for implementing OSPF on a network
- Create an OSPF implementation plan
- Create an OSPF verification plan
- Configure OSPF routing
- Verify OSPF solution was implemented properly using show and debug commands
- Document the verification results for an OSPF implementation plan
Implement an eBGP based solution, given a network design and a set of requirements
- Determine network resources needed for implementing eBGP on a network
- Create an eBGP implementation plan
- Create an eBGP verification plan
- Configure eBGP routing
- Verify eBGP solution was implemented properly using show and debug commands
- Document verification results for an eBGP implementation plan
Implement an IPv6 based solution, given a network design and a set of requirements
- Determine network resources needed for implementing IPv6 on a network
- Create an IPv6 implementation plan
- Create an IPv6 verification plan
- Configure IPv6 routing
- Configure IPv6 interoperation with IPv4
- Verify IPv6 solution was implemented properly using show and debug commands
- Document verification results for an IPv6 implementation plan
Implement an IPv4 or IPv6 based redistribution solution, given a network design and a set of requirements
- Create a redistribution implementation plan based upon the results from a redistribution analysis
- Create a redistribution verification plan
- Configure a redistribution solution
- Verify that a redistribution was implemented
- Document results of a redistribution implementation and verification plan
- Identify the differences between implementing an IPv4 and IPv6 redistribution solution
Implement Layer 3 Path Control Solution
- Create a Layer 3 path control implementation plan based upon the results of the redistribution analysis
- Create a Layer 3 path control verification plan
- Configure Layer 3 path control
- Verify that a Layer 3 path control was implemented
- Document results of a Layer 3 path control implementation and verification plan
- Implement basic teleworker and branch services
- Describe broadband technologies
- Configure basic broadband connections
- Describe basic VPN technologies
- Configure GRE
- Describe branch access technologies