Graphic Design course overview
This course explains how to create designs for business card, logo, website and newsletter using software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign and Adobe Illustrator. After completing our graphic design courses you would be able to create graphic design elements yourself.
The complete course is hands-on based. Few practical graphic design projects at the end of the course will ensure that you go through graphic design process.
This short graphic design training is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is Graphic Design training for?
This course is for you if you are interested in learning how to create graphics for print and graphics for web using industry standard tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator. This course is designed for complete beginners of graphic design. No previous experience of Photoshop, Illustrator or Indesign is required.
Prerequisites for Graphic Design course
- You should be able to user computer and internet
What will I get?
- Training from professional graphic designers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional graphic solutions across a range of designs for many years. Those consultants write and teach our graphic design training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
This graphic design course is designed to get you started in graphic design and that's why many exercises and projects make the core part of our graphic design training. We work on industry related projects in this graphic design course.
- Course Material:
Electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training you will receive a graphic design course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding graphic design, do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers and career consultants are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our career consultants.
View Complete Course outline
Graphic Design Course Contents
PART 1. Idea Development in Design
Design Concepts & Idea development
- Samples of different layout
- Idea Development
- Introduction to Photoshop and Adobe Creative suite
- Different file formats (PSD, JPG, TIFF, etc)
- Different colour modes (RGB and CMYK)
- Resolution explained (What is DPI?)
- Pixels and Vector files explained.
PART 2. Adobe Photoshop
- The Photoshop Workspace
- Explanation of the Photoshop Tool Box
- The menus
Create a new image
- Open existing image
- Save design for website
Edit Menu in Photoshop
Image menu in Photoshop
- Image adjustment
- Image crop
- Image canvas
Photoshop Layer Menu
- Introduction to layers
- New layer
- Blending options
Photoshop Select Menu
- Deselect images
- Inverse selection
- Transform images
- Apply Feathers
- Modify images
Filters in Photoshop
- What are filters?
- Apply different filters
- Download filters
Photoshop View Menu
- Zoom in and out
- Slices for website
PART 3. Adobe Illustrator
- What are vector graphics?
- Anatomy of a vector illustration: objects, paths, line segments and anchor points
- Different formats explained (AI, EPS, etc)
- Illustrator’s Main Features
The main illustrator menus, tools and palettes explained
- Pencil tool
- Pen tool and settings
- Draw with an anchor point
- Stroke and fill
- Layers palettes
PART 4. Adobe Indesign
- Indesign Basics
- How to create a new document in Indesign
- Concepts of Layers in Indesign
- Creating frames and selecting its contents
- Indesign interface
- Zooming and scrolling
- Navigator palette
- Control palette
- Changing view and creating custom workspaces
- Setup an Indesign Page
- Use of Rulers guides in page layout
- Printer and margin setup
- How to create grid lines
- Master page
- Using the page palette
- Setup multi-page documents
How to handle open type fonts
- Optical kerning
- Paragraph level formatting
- Fitting options
- Wrapping text around graphics
- Managing links to images
The difference between Process and Spot colours
- Pantones colours
- What are colour swatches
- How to load swatches
- Apply a stroke colour
- Use a fill option
- Create tints
- Effects and Transparency
Find/ replace text
- Spell Checker in Indesign
- Export and Print Indesign documents
Export and Print options
- Printing Process colour
- Performing a pre-flight check
- Packaging files for handoff
- Export an indesign file as a PDF
Projects in Graphic Design Course
- Project 1: Creating a poster cutting out multiple images
- Project 2: Create a mpu web banner and save optimized for web
- Project 3: Create a logo as a group and also your own logo design
- Project 4: Convert images to vector graphics for pictures and logos
- Project 5: Create a business card using elements created in Illustrator
- Project 6: Create a multiple page document from scratch making up your own styles and template