iPhone App Development course overview
This iPhone and iPad app development course is designed to get you started in iPhone app development. This course includes Interface Builder, Xcode, Swift, Cocoa Touch programming, and the APIs included in the iOS SDK. After completing our iPhone app training course you would be able to build applications for iPhone and iPad.
At the end of the course we will build a practical iPhone App in the class. This app development project will ensure that you can build your own apps for iPhone and iPad.
This short classroom based iPhone course is hands-on and instructor-led. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course, during the week or even on the weekends. A list of all upcoming public iPhone training course is given on training dragon website.
Are you looking for Mobile App Design training instead?
If you are interested in learning how to design the interface of an app or mobile website rather than programming it, please consider our mobile website and app design courses.
Who is iPhone App Development training for?
This training course is for you if you are a programmer and interested in using Swift to build your own iPhone and iPad apps.
The path taken by complete beginners to the iPhone Development course is given here:
1. 4-day Web Design course
2. 1-day Introduction to Programming
4. 1-day Intro to SQL and Database
5. 4-days PHP & MySQL programming course
6. 4-days C# programming course or 4-days Java programming course
7. 2-days SWIFT programming for iOS
8. 4-days iPhone App development
If you are thinking to start a business or apply for app developer jobs, please consider our App Developer Career programme.
Prerequisites for iPhone App Development course
- You would need to bring your Mac laptop running latest Mac OS and iPhone with the USB cable so you can test your iPhone applications on you phone.
- You are a developer and have a basic knowledge of Swift. If you have not used SWIFT before, consider attending our Swift course to fulfil this prerequisite.
What will I get?
- Training from professional iPhone application developers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional iPhone app for many years. Those consultants write and teach our iPhone app training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our iPhone app courses are designed to get you started in iPhone app development. We work on industry related projects in this iPhone app course. If you have a project or an idea that you wanted to turn into an app then present that idea during the course and our trainers will help you to work on your own application.
- Course Material:
iPhone app development electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will be receive an iPhone app development course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding iPhone app do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
iPhone App Development Course Contents
Introduction Advanced iOS Development course
- Introducing the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- What is it like developing for Apple’s Platform?
- What is Swift
- Xcode IDE as a development tool
- The iOS Developer Center, Programme and SDK
- Introduction to Swift
- Use Swift for iPhone/iPad development
- syntax and constructs
- allocate and deallocate objects
- How to define properties
- memory management and ARC
- Foundation classes
- message sending at runtime (dynamic binding)
Cocoa Touch Design Patterns:
- Coca Touch for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
- What are object-oriented design patterns?
- Object-oriented libraries of Coca touch
- What is Model-View-Controller (MVC)?
- Use of delegation
- How to declare a protocol
- What does foundation provide?
- Using NSString and NSArray
- Using Dictionaries
- Using NSXMLParser
- Using NSURLConnection
Xcode IDE as a development tool
- Use Xcode IDE for building iPhone applications
- Debugging and editing using Xcode IDE
- Manage project resources
- Visual Interface design
View and View Controllers
- What are views and view Controllers?
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) design for Apps
- Design Views
- Connect view to controllers
- Apple's pre-built view controllers
Interface builder GUI Tool
- How to design applications using Interface Builder
- Connect interface to your code
- File's Owner and First Responder
- What is a Table View
- Create data source and a delegate
- Insert and delete table data
- Navigate between tables using navigation controllers
- Use of images and other resources in an app
- How to use images
- What are gesture recognizers
- Touch Events
- Taps, swipes and pinches
- How to use built in Animations
- Using blocks to write custom animations
- Application Life Cycle
- The runloop
- What are notification centers?
- iPhone's built in sensors
- Local / Push Notifications
iPhone and iPad virtual keyboard
- Use of virtual keyboard
- The responder chain
- Using delegates to control keyboard input
iPad App Development:
- Difference between iPhone and iPad App
- Build a universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Split-View Controller
Performance and Debugging:
- Find and fix problems
- Eliminate hot spots and slow code
- Instruments utility
- Create navigation in an iPhone App
- How to use Apple's navigation controller
- User of the tab bar controller
Integrate with Apple APIs:
- Integrate your app with Address Book
- Integration with Maps
- Integration with Safari.
- Integration with Messaging
- The iOS5 Twitter API
Integration with 3rd Party APIs
- What is JSON
- What is a RESTful API?
- Use of JSON in your app
- The main thread
- Working with threads
- Using Grand Central Dispatch on iOS
Submitting your app for approval
- How to submit app?
- What to consider before submitting app
Projects on iPhone App Development Course:
Project: Build a complete iPhone application
On this course you will build a complete real world iPhone application in class with an experienced iOS developer as mentor.