Joomla! course overview
This course concentrates on how to build your website using Joomla without any programming or design experience.
On completion of this Joomla course you will be able to:
- Download and install Joomla
- Configure templates and install new templates
- Build a website, blog or online shop
- Use plug-ins and Module
- Manage users and contents
The complete course is hands-on based. A practical Joomla project at the end of the course will ensure that you can create and manage Joomla websites yourself.
This short Joomla course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is Joomla! training for?
This course is for you if you are interested in creating your own website or planning to get a skill to create website for others using Joomla. This course also helps business owners to get more control and insight into their Joomla website. This course is designed for complete beginners.
Prerequisites for Joomla! course
- You should be able to use computer and internet.
- It is not necessary to have knowledge of any programming language before you start this joomla course but If you have some knowledge of HTML, PHP and then it will make learning this course even easier. Training Dragon provides HTML course, PHP training and jQuery course.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Joomla web designers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Joomla solutions across a range of websites for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Joomla CMS training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Goal oriented approach:
This Joomla course is designed to give you a kick start in building a Joomla website. If you have a project or an idea that you wanted to turn into website then present that idea during the course and our trainers will help you to work on your own website.
- Course Material:
Joomla electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive a Joomla course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Joomla do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Joomla! Course Contents
- What is joomla
- Role of HTML
- Downloading joomla
- How to upload your site to a hosting server
- Finding a web host for your site
- Reserve a domain name (website name)
- Installing joomla on your Web Space
- Adding a pre-existing site template to joomla
- Creating and adding your own site template to joomla
- Free vs premium joomla themes
- What is joomla Plug-in?
- Where to find joomla Plug-ins
- Downloading and installing plug-ins
- Activating Plug-ins
Adding Content in joomla
- Creating Content
- Writing and managing Pages
- Managing Links
- Using Categories
- Using Tags
Managing Media in joomla
- Uploading Images
- Image Formatting
- Managing the Media Library
- Adding Video to your website
- Adding Audio
Using joomla for CMS
- Setting the homepage
- Hiding pages from navigation
- Making joomla search engine friendly
- Hiding the login for clients
- Changing the joomla logos
- Installing horizontal navigation
- Using Dropdown navigation
- Managing joomla users
- Creating multiple users
- joomla User Roles
- Managing files
SEO for your joomla website
- What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- H1 and other headings
- Titles and Meta tags
- SEO friendly URL
- Image optimisation
Social Media for joomla
- Role of Social Media on joomla website
- Adding Facebook and twitter
Projects in joomla Course
Project: Create a personal or business website using joomla
Using the skills obtained from our joomla course, we will build a complete personal or business brochure and magazine website. This project involves many stages from planning, team work, installation, plugins management, testing and launching your joomla website.