Microsoft Excel 2016 course overview
This Microsoft Excel 2016 course explains how to use Microsoft Excel. Delegates will learn Microsoft Excel by working on many practical exercises with help of an experienced MOS qualified instructor. This course covers a range of topics such as
After this course, delegates will be able to create and edit a workbook with multiple sheets, and they use a graphic element to represent data visually. Workbook examples include professional-looking budgets, financial statements, team performance charts, sales invoices, and data-entry logs.
This Microsoft Excel course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends. A list of all upcoming public Microsoft Excel training course is given on training dragon website. Each course is restricted to a maximum of ten delegates to ensure an excellent training experience.
This course prepares you for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in Microsoft Office Excel 2016, Exam 77-727. Core Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Presentation
Prerequisites for Microsoft Excel 2016 course
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Microsoft Office specialists (MOS) qualified instructor:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Microsoft Excel solutions for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Microsoft Excel training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our Microsoft Excel courses are designed to get you started in Microsoft Excel. We work on industry related projects and tasks in this Microsoft Excel course.
- Course Material:
Microsoft Excel electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive Microsoft Excel course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Microsoft Excel do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Microsoft Excel 2016 Course Contents
Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
- Create worksheets and workbooks
- Create a workbook, import data from a delimited text file, add a worksheet to an existing workbook, copy and move a worksheet
- Navigate in worksheets and workbooks
- Search for data within a workbook; navigate to a named cell, range, or workbook element; insert and remove hyperlinks
- Format worksheets and workbooks
- Change worksheet tab color, rename a worksheet, change worksheet order, modify page setup, insert and delete columns or rows, change workbook themes, adjust row height and column width, insert headers and footers
- Customize options and views for worksheets and workbooks
- Hide or unhide worksheets, hide or unhide columns and rows, customize the Quick Access Toolbar, change workbook views, change window views, modify document properties, change magnification by using zoom tools, display formulas
- Configure worksheets and workbooks for distribution
- Set a print area, save workbooks in alternative file formats, print all or part of a workbook, set print scaling, display repeating row and column titles on multipage worksheets, inspect a workbook for hidden properties or personal information, inspect a workbook for accessibility issues, inspect a workbook for compatibility issues
Manage data cells and ranges
- Insert data in cells and ranges
- Replace data; cut, copy, or paste data; paste data by using special paste options; fill cells by using Auto Fill; insert and delete cells
- Format cells and ranges
- Merge cells, modify cell alignment and indentation, format cells by using Format Painter, wrap text within cells, apply number formats, apply cell formats, apply cell styles
- Summarize and organize data
- Insert sparklines, outline data, insert subtotals, apply conditional formatting
- Create and manage tables
- Create an Excel table from a cell range, convert a table to a cell range, add or remove table rows and columns
- Manage table styles and options
- Apply styles to tables, configure table style options, insert total rows
- Filter and sort a table
- Filter records, sort data by multiple columns, change sort order, remove duplicate records
Perform operations with formulas and functions
- Summarize data by using functions
- Insert references, perform calculations by using the SUM function, perform calculations by using MIN and MAX functions, perform calculations by using the COUNT function, perform calculations by using the AVERAGE function
- Perform conditional operations by using functions
- Perform logical operations by using the IF function, perform logical operations by using the SUMIF function, perform logical operations by using the AVERAGEIF function, perform statistical operations by using the COUNTIF function
- Format and modify text by using functions
- Format text by using RIGHT, LEFT, and MID functions; format text by using UPPER, LOWER, and PROPER functions; format text by using the CONCATENATE function
Create charts and objects
- Create charts
- Create a new chart, add additional data series, switch between rows and columns in source data, analyze data by using Quick Analysis
- Format graphic elements
- Resize charts, add and modify chart elements, apply chart layouts and styles, move charts to a chart sheet
- Insert and format objects
- Insert text boxes and shapes, insert images, modify object properties, add alternative text to objects for accessibility