Microsoft Word 2016 course overview
This Microsoft Word 2016 course explains how to use Microsoft Word. Delegates will learn Microsoft Word by working on many practical exercises with help of an experienced MOS qualified instructor.
This Microsoft Word course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends. A list of all upcoming public Microsoft Word training course is given on training dragon website. Each course is restricted to a maximum of ten delegates to ensure an excellent training experience.
This course prepares you for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in Microsoft Office Word 2016: Exam 77-725 Core Document Creation, Collaboration and Communication
Prerequisites for Microsoft Word 2016 course
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Microsoft Office specialists (MOS) qualified instructor:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Microsoft Word solutions for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Microsoft Word training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our Microsoft Word courses are designed to get you started in Microsoft Word. We work on industry related projects and tasks in this Microsoft Word course.
- Course Material:
Microsoft Word electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive Microsoft Word course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Microsoft Word do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Microsoft Word 2016 Course Contents
Create and manage documents
- Create a document
- Create a blank document, create a blank document using a template, open a PDF in Word for editing, insert text from a file or external source
- Navigate through a document
- Search for text, insert hyperlinks, create bookmarks, move to a specific location or object in a document
- Format a document
- Modify page setup, apply document themes, apply document style sets, insert headers and footers, insert page numbers, format page background elements
- Customize options and views for documents
- Change document views, customize views by using zoom settings, customize the Quick Access Toolbar, split the window, add document properties, show or hide formatting symbols
- Print and save documents
- Modify print settings, save documents in alternative file formats, print all or part of a document, inspect a document for hidden properties or personal information, inspect a document for accessibility issues, inspect a document for compatibility issues
Format text, paragraphs, and sections
- Insert text and paragraphs
- Find and replace text; cut, copy, and paste text; replace text by using AutoCorrect; insert special characters
- Format text and paragraphs
- Apply font formatting, apply formatting by using Format Painter, set line and paragraph spacing and indentation, clear formatting, apply a text highlight color to text selections, apply built-in styles to text, change text to WordArt
- Order and group text and paragraphs
- Format text in multiple columns; insert page, section, or column breaks; change page setup options for a section
Create tables and lists
- Create a table
- Convert text to tables, convert tables to text, create a table by specifying rows and columns, apply table styles
- Modify a table
- Sort table data; configure cell margins and spacing; merge and split cells; resize tables, rows, and columns; split tables; configure a repeating row header
- Create and modify a list
- Create a numbered or bulleted list, change bullet characters or number formats for a list level, define a custom bullet character or number format, increase or decrease list levels, restart or continue list numbering, set starting number value
Create and manage references
- Create and manage reference markers
- Insert footnotes and endnotes, modify footnote and endnote properties, create bibliography citation sources, modify bibliography citation sources, insert citations for bibliographies, insert figure and table captions, modify caption properties
- Create and manage simple references
- Insert a standard table of contents, update a table of contents, insert a cover page
Insert and format graphic elements
- Insert graphic elements
- Insert shapes, insert pictures, insert a screen shot or screen clipping, insert text boxes
- Format graphic elements
- Apply artistic effects, apply picture effects, remove picture backgrounds, format objects, apply a picture style, wrap text around objects, position objects, add alternative text to objects for accessibility
- Insert and format SmartArt graphics
- Create a SmartArt graphic, format a SmartArt graphic, modify SmartArt graphic content