Security+ Certification course overview
You will implement and monitor security on networks, applications, and operating systems, and respond to security breaches.
The CompTIA® Security ® (Exam SY0-301) course is designed to help you prepare for the SY0-301 exam. Attending this course and using this student guide will help you prepare for certification. You should also refer to the exam objectives to see how they map to the course content.
Who is Security+ Certification training for?
The audience for this course is typically an Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as NetWare, Macintosh, UNIX/Linux, and OS/2. The learner will want to acquire a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Prerequisites for Security+ Certification course
- Basic Windows skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts are required.
- CompTIA A and Network certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months experience in networking, including experience configuring and managing TCP/IP, are strongly recommended. Students can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking following courses:
What will I get?
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Examine network security.
- Manage application, data, and host security.
- Identify access control and account management security measures.
- Manage certificates.
- Identify compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage risk.
- Manage security incidents.
- Develop a BCP and DRP.
View Complete Course outline
Security+ Certification Course Contents
Identify Security Threats
- Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Classify Network Attacks
- Classify Software Based Attacks
Harden Internal Systems and Services
- Harden Base Operating Systems and Directory Services
- DHCP Services
- DHCP Servers
- Network File
- Print Servers
Harden Internetwork Devices and Services
- Harden Internetwork Connection Devices
- DNS and BIND Servers
- Web Servers and FTP Servers
- Network News Transport Protocol (NNTP) Servers
- Email Servers
- Conferencing and Messaging Servers
Secure Network Communications
- Secure Network Traffic Using Ip Security (IPSec)
- Wireless Traffic
- Client Internet Access
- Remote Access Channel
Manage Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Install a Certificate Authority (CA) Hierarchy
- Harden a Certificate Authority
- Back Up Certificate Authorities
- Restore a Certificate Authority
- Enrol Certificates For Entities
- Secure Network Traffic Using Certificates
- Renew and Revoke Certificates
- Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
Enforce Organisational Security Policy
- Enforce Corporate Security Policy Compliance
- Legal Compliance
- Physical Security Compliance
- Educate Users
Monitor The Security Infrastructure
- Scan For Vulnerabilities
- Monitor For Intruders
- Set Up a Honeypot
- Respond to Security Incidents