Sketch course overview
This course explains how to create user experience for websites and mobile apps using Sketch App. After completing our Sketch courses you would be able to create UX elements yourself.
The complete course is hands-on based. Few practical Sketch projects at the end of the course will ensure that you go through Sketch process.
This short Sketch training is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is Sketch training for?
This course is for you if you are interested in learning UX for websites, mobile site, iphone apps and Android applications using Sketch. This course is designed for complete beginners of Sketch. No previous experience of Sketch is required. Some experience of HTML, CSS, Photoshop, web designing and UX would be useful.
Prerequisites for Sketch course
- You should be able to user computer and internet
What will I get?
- Training from Sketch professionals:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional UX solutions across a range of designs for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Sketch training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
This Sketch course is designed to get you started in using Sketch and that's why many exercises and projects make the core part of our Sketch training. We work on industry related projects in this Sketch course.
- Course Material:
Electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training you will receive a Sketch course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Sketch, do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers and career consultants are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our career consultants.
View Complete Course outline
Sketch Course Contents
- Creating Pages
- Creating artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Working with fonts
- Adding artwork
- Exporting artboards and assets
- Sketch Cloud
- Making design changes
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Adding links
- Layouts adjustments for tablets like iPad
- Layouts adjustments for phone like Android and iPhone
- Exporting artboards and assets
- Design Systems
- Identify components
- Nested symobols
- Create resuable icons
- Create button with states
- Create form field with stats
Style Guides & Asset Libraries
- Building an asset library
- Auto-generating a style guide
- Importing assets
- Naming assets
- Sharing your asset library
Team collaboration tools
- Sharing artboards
- Exporting artboards as image files
- Integrating with other UX design software
- Exporting assets, code, and animations
Streamline Sketch Design to work with coders
- What are the requirements of developers?
- Automate design process
- Install templates and plugins
- Project dimensions and resolution
- Symbols and styles
- Export in developer friendly format
- Getting organized in Sketch
- Managing symbols in Sketch
- Drawing shapes in Sketch
- Boolean operations
- Building and sharing your own library
- Designing gestures and interactions
- Advanced tips for workflow management
Projects in Sketch App course
Project: Design a complete iOS and Android Apps
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Project: Creating UX Design in Sketch
- Creating a Wireframe
- Adding images to wireframe
- Finaliing prototype
- Adding interactivity to wireframe
Project: Designing an Icon with Sketch
- Conceiving the design
- Setting up the file
- Building initial shapes and outlines
- Adding color and shadows
- Manipulating type
- Preparing and exporting your icon for developers to integrate
Project: Building game assets using Sketch
Project: Design a complete website with Sketch
- Creating website for desktops
- Creating website for tablets
- Creating website for phones