PHP course overview
This PHP course explains how to use PHP and MySQL to create dynamic websites. After completing this training course you would be able to use PHP and MySQL on your website projects. This course covers a range of topics such as building an ecommerce shop, creating a content management system (CMS), developing contact us forms, developing web forms and handling form data using PHP and SQL and lots more.
Few practical PHP and MySQL based projects at the end of the course will ensure that you can apply PHP on your web projects.
This short PHP course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends. A list of all upcoming public PHP training course is given on training dragon website.
Weekend or Evening courses are recommended for beginners. The intense nature of the weekday course would not be suited to a complete beginner.
Who is PHP training for?
This PHP training is designed for PHP beginners. This course is for you if you are interested in creating a dynamic website with database for yourself or for others. This course is designed for complete beginners of web programming.
Prerequisites for PHP course
- A good knowledge of HTML and CSS is required. You can get a good knowledge of HTML and CSS by taking our web design course.
What will I get?
- Training from professional PHP and MySQL web developers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional PHP and MySQL solutions across a range of web sites for many years. Those consultants write and teach our PHP and MySQL training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our PHP courses are designed to get you started in web programming . We work on industry related projects in this PHP course. If you have a project or an idea that you wanted to turn into website then present that idea during the course and our trainers will help you to work on your own website.
- Course Material:
PHP and MySQL electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training you will receive a PHP web programming course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding PHP and MySQL do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
PHP Course Contents
- Introduction to dynamic websites
- What is PHP?
- What is Apache?
- Server Side vs. Client Side Scripting
- What is MySQL Database?
- Why choose PHP and MySQL
- Installing PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, Apache web server
- PHP Syntax
- Hello world String
- PHP variables and data types
- PHP Operators
- Conditional statements using If, else & Switch
- Creating Arrays
- Numeric Arrays
- Associative Arrays
- Array() Construct
- PHP For and While Loops
- Server Side Includes (SSI)
- Defining your own PHP functions
- Functions Parameters
- Function return value
- Calling a function
- PHP Built-in Functions
- PHP Date and String functions
HTML Forms and PHP
- What is Form
- Form action and method
- How to send form data
- How to capture and display form data
- URL Parameters
PHP Global Variables
- POST and GET
- Database concepts & RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems)
- Introduction to SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Creating ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram)
- Understanding phpMyAdmin
- What are MySQL data types
- Creating and Editing Database and Tables
- Primary key
- Foreign key
- Inserting Data in tables
- Updating data
- Deleting data
- Selecting data
- Searching for data using SQL Wild cards
- Using group functions
- MySQL built-in functions
- Using table joins
Create Dynamic Pages using PHP and MySQL
- Connect PHP with MySQL
- Insert web page data into database
- Update data from web pages
- View dynamic data on web pages
- How to delete data from web pages
How to setup a website development project
- Project Structure
- Folder and File Structure
- Database design
Projects in PHP and MySQL Course
Project 1: Build a Contact us Email Form
- Create Form on web page
- Accept data
- Mail function
Project2: Build a Login system
- Create a login page
- Connect login page to database
- Validate login data
- Creating a restricted area
Project3: Build an online shop backend CMS
- Database for shopping cart website
- Add Product page
- Upload product image
- View products
- Delete product from catalogue
- Update products
- View customers
- View online orders
Project4: Create an E-commerce shopping cart website
- E-commerce website design
- Create a home page
- Build a product search
- Display e-commerce catalogue
- Create a basket page
- Add items to basket page
- Update items quantity in basket
- Remove items from basket
- Customer checkout