Drupal course overview
This course concentrates on how to create and manage your website using Drupal without any programming or design experience. On completion of this Drupal course you will be able to:
- Install Drupal Website
- Configure and install new templates
- Content management in Drupal
- Build a website, blog or online shop
- Use Drupal Modules
- Use Drupal Distributions
- Manage users and groups
- Administer Drupal site
- Understand Drupal Views and CCK
The complete course is hands-on based. A practical Drupal project at the end of the course will ensure that you can practically use Drupal on your own projects. This short Drupal course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is Drupal training for?
This training is for you if you are interested in creating and maintaining your own website using Drupal or planning to get skills to create and manage Drupal website for others. This course also helps business owners to get more control and insight into their Drupal website.
Prerequisites for Drupal course
- No prior experience with Drupal is necessary.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Drupal developers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Drupal solutions across a range of websites for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Drupal training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our Drupal courses are designed to get you started in Drupal. We work on industry related projects in this Drupal course.
- Course Material:
Drupal electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive a Drupal course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Drupal do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Drupal Course Contents
- Introduction to CMS
- What is Drupal
- Role of HTML
Roles & User Accounts
- Changing Your account settings
- Roles & User Accounts
- Set-up New User Accounts
- Content Types
- Finding Content
- Editing Content
- Making Changes to Existing Content
- Editing Options
- Taxonomies – Organising content
- Input FormatRevision Information
- File Attachments
- Configure comment settings for a content type
- Authoring information
- Content publishing options
Setting Up Forums
- Create a Forum
- Create a Forum Container
- Create a Book
- Add a ‘Child’ Page
- Manage Book Outline
Using CK Editor
- Editing Content
- Cutting and Pasting – will Drupal pick up formatting if text is c&p straight from Microsoft Word?
- Styling Text
- Adding Links
- Adding an Image
Site Structure Overview
- Learn about structure of a Drupal site
- Images and resources library – how can images and resources be organised and easily accessed?
- Image resizing – is it possible to do this in the CMS?
- Homepage – what content can be featured here? Is it customisable?
- Search – how does the search work on the public facing website?
- Creating meta data
- Downloading Drupal
- How to upload your site to a hosting server
- Finding a web host for your site
- Reserve a domain name (website name)
- Installing Drupal on your Web Space
- Adding a pre-existing site theme to Drupal
- Creating and adding your own site template to Drupal
- Free vs premium Drupal themes
- What is Modules?
- Where to find Drupal Modules
- Downloading and installing Modules
- Activating Modules
Drupal Core Modules
- Access statistics and logging
- Advanced search
- Blogs, books, comments, forums, and polls
- Descriptive URLs
- Multi-level menu system
- Multi-site support
- Multi-user content creation and editing
- RSS feed and feed aggregator
- User profiles
- What is Distributions?
- Where to find Drupal Distributions
- Downloading and installing Distributions
- Activating Distributions
Managing Media in Drupal
- Uploading Images
- Image Formatting
- Managing the Media Library
- Adding Video to your website
- Adding Audio
SEO for your Drupal website
- What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- On page SEO
- Off page SEO
- Tools for SEO
- H1 and other headings
- Titles and Meta tags
- SEO friendly URL
- Images optimisation
- XML Sitemap
- Sitemap submission
Drupal Views, CCK & Panels
- Creating catalogue of services and products
- Create advanced content views using filters and argument
- Create contact form
- Drupal Content Construction Kit
- Create complex content types
- Visually design website.
- Drag and drop layout manager
Project: Create a personal or business website using Drupal
Using the skills obtained from our Drupal course, we will build a complete personal or business brochure website. This project involves many stages from planning, team work, installation, module management, testing and launching your Drupal online shop website.