Google Analytics course overview
This course explains how to use Google Analytics on your website and what techniques are good to analyse your site's data. In this course we will discuss and practically implement Google Analytics techniques. A practical Google Analytics project at the end of course will ensure that you go through complete Analysis process.
This short Google Analytics course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is Google Analytics training for?
This course is for suitable for anyone including marketing professionals, web designers, programmers, editors and business owners who are interested in using Google Analytics for ROI. This course is aimed at both in-experienced and experienced Google Analytics users.
Prerequisites for Google Analytics course
- Delegates will require an administrator level access to an active Google Analytics account. If you do not have an Analytics account, please contact us few days before your first class and we will help you create an account.
- You should have access to at least one website that you can use during the course for Google Analytics. Although we can provide you a test site during the course however this is not as useful as having a real time data from your own website.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Google Analytics Experts:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Google Analytics and marketing solutions across a range of websites for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Google Analytics training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Goal oriented approach:
This Google Analytics course is designed to help understand and use Google Analytics. If you have a website that you wanted analyse using Google Analytics then present that during the course and our trainers will help you to practically understand your site reports.
- Course Material:
Google Analytics electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive a Google Analytics course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Google Analytics do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Google Analytics Course Contents
Introduction to Google Analytics
- The history
- Evolution of Google Analytics
- Future of Google Analytics
- Google Analytics terminology
- Role of Google Analytics in your website
- How Google Analytics works
- Google analytics cookies for tracking information
Creating your Google Analytics Account
- Create your profile
- When to use profile
- Account vs Profile
- Manage multiple website accounts
- Manage profiles
- Work with filters
- Working with goals
- Analytics funnels to maximise performance
- Export report into PDF, CSV and other formats
- Create an export email
- When to use real time reports
- Benefits of real time reporting
Google Analytics Interface.
- Understanding the dashboard
- Report navigation
- Setting date and comparison date ranges
- Interpreting reports
- Time Metrics
- Usage of content reports
- Analyse visitors’ behaviour using content reports
- Create content drilldown reports
- Site Content
- All Pages
- Content Drilldown
- Landing Pages
- Exit Pages
- Site Speed Overview
- Page Timings
- User Timings
- Site Search Overview
- Search Terms
- Understanding traffic sources
- Overview of key traffic sources reports
- Which traffic sources are working?
- Traffic conversion into revenue
- Multi-channel funnels: how to allocate conversions when multiple channels are involved
- Using the Google URL builder to tag campaigns
- All Traffic
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Landing Pages
- Geographical Summary
- Cost Analysis
- AdWords sources
Social Media Monitoring
- Network Referrals
- Landing Pages
- Visitors Flow
- New vs. Returning
- Frequency & Recency
- Browser & OS
- Mobile Overview
- Mobile Devices
- Custom Variables
- Visitors Flow
Campaign tracking for e-mail marketing
- Integrate your Google Analytics account in your email
- Analyse results
Integration with other applications
- Google AdWords Integration.
- Connecting Google Webmaster tools to Google Analytics
Measuring Online Success using E-commerce tracking
- Monetising performance with e-commerce reporting
- Product Performance
- Sales Performance
- Time to Purchase
Campaign ROI & Multi-Channel Funnels
- understanding how other channels impact on performance
- Assisted Conversions
- Top Conversion Paths
- Time Lag
- Path Length
- Goal URLs
- Reverse Goal Path
- Funnel Visualisation
- Goal Flow