Node.Js, EXPRESS, MongoDB to build Web Applications course overview
This course explains how to use Node.Js and EXPRESS to create Web Applications.
This is a practical course on how to use Node.Js, , EXPRESS, MongoDB and Templating Engines to create Web Applications and APIs.
This short Node.Js course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends. A list of all upcoming public Node.Js training course is given on training dragon website.
Who is Node.Js, EXPRESS, MongoDB to build Web Applications training for?
This course is for you if you are interested in using Node.Js and Express to create Web Applications and APIs.
Prerequisites for Node.Js, EXPRESS, MongoDB to build Web Applications course
What will I get?
- Training from professional Node.Js developers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Node.Js solutions across a range of projects for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Node.Js training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our Node.Js and Express are designed to get you started in creating Web Applications. We work on industry related projects in this Node.Js course. These projects help you create your Node.Js portfolio.
- Course Material:
Node.Js electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will be receive a Node.Js course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Node.Js do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Node.Js, EXPRESS, MongoDB to build Web Applications Course Contents
INTRODUCTION TO NPM
- what’s npm
- package.json manifest file
- Installing, updating and deleting packages
INTRODUCTION TO ES6+ features we will use in the course
- const and let variables
- Arrow functions
- Placeholders and Template literals
- New array features
- New Object features
- Arrow Functions
INTRODUCTION TO EXPRESS
- What’s express
- installing express
- Express generator package
- Express and web servers
- introduction to express routing
- serving static files
- serving templates
- Express middleware
- Express error handling
- Express ENV file
- App.js file
- Bin/www file
- Models, Views, Controllers in Express (MVC)
- Public folder
- Connecting Express to MongoDB
- Running MongoDB queries with callbacks
- Running MongoDB queries with Promises
- Running MongoDB queries with ES8 Async / Await
- REQ object and methods
- RES object and methods
- using npm, nodemon, webpack and other node tools to set up our projects
- transforming a static template into a dynamic website
- intro to building APIs
Templating in Express
- Jade / Pug
- Interpolating JS variables
- Adding loops in Pug
- Adding logic in Pug
- Converting HTML into Pug
Routing with Express
- Router functions
Introduction to MongoDB
- installing MongoDB
- setting up Mongo
- setting up MongoDB Compass
- introduction to Mongoose
- MongoDb queries (basic CRUD)
- MongoDB Aggregations
Authentication in Express
- sign in
- log in / out
- sending recovery emails
- working with Passport
- securing routes
- We will build a very simple Express website to demonstrate Express generator, routing, templating
- We will transform a static HTML template into a dynamic website with authentication, CSM and most common web features