Advanced PHP course overview
This advanced PHP course explains how to use Advanced PHP and MySQL features to create web applications. This course covers a range of topics such as Object Oriented Programming (OOP), UML, Design Patterns, Security in PHP, SOAP, htaccess, PHP Frameworks, PHP Best Practices and lots more.
Few practical PHP based coding projects at the end of the course will ensure that you can apply PHP on your web projects.
This short advanced PHP course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends. A list of all upcoming public advanced PHP training course is given on training dragon website.
Who is Advanced PHP training for?
This Advanced PHP training is designed for PHP intermediate level developers. This course is for you if you are interested in mastering Object Oriented PHP and have good experience in procedural php programming.
Prerequisites for Advanced PHP course
- A good knowledge of HTML and CSS is required. You can get a good knowledge of HTML and CSS by taking our web design course.
- You should have a good experience with procedural php programming before you start this advanced PHP course training, ideally you should have build few projects from scratch using procedural php. If you do not have any experience with PHP please consider Training Dragon’s beginners PHP Training.
What will I get?
- Training from professional PHP web developers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional PHP and MySQL solutions across a range of web sites for many years. Those consultants write and teach our advanced PHP training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our advanced PHP courses are designed to get you started in advanced php development. We work on industry related projects in this advanced PHP course.
- Course Material:
Advanced PHP electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training you will receive an advanced PHP programming course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding advanced PHP do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Advanced PHP Course Contents
OOP in PHP
- Building Classes and Objects
- Working with Properties and Methods
- Visibility Modifiers: private, protected, public
- Constructors and Destructors
UML: Unified Modelling Language
- Class diagrams
- Represent Attributes and Operations
- Define members visibility
- Describe inheritance and implementation
Advanced SQL and PDO
- OOP mysqli
- PDO: PHP Data Objects
- Data-access abstraction layer
- PDO Requirements
- PDO Structure
- Connecting with PDO
- Querying a Database
- Prepare() Method
- Running a Non Parameterised Query
- Prepare using Named Markers
- Running a Parameterised Query
- Binding Named Markers (:marker)
- Binding Unnamed Markers (?)
- Fetching Data
- Iterating Over Fetched Data
- Prevent SQL injections
- Prevent XSS injections
- Prepared Statements in PDO and mysqli
- Encrypting Functions
- Better Hashing
- manipulate Apache .htaccess files
- rewrite URLs
Process Files with PHP
- Open files
- Read and Modify files
- Save and Close files
Process XML with PHP
- Why XML?
- XML intro
- PHP 5 simpleXML extension
- simpleXML requirements and installation
- loading XML documents from files or strings
- extracting XML data
- displaying XML data
- modifying XML
- saving XML
SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Web Services
- Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
- Representational State Transfer (REST)
- SOAP and REST pros and cons
- Consuming Services
- Creating Services
- Why use a Framework?
- Frameworks overview
- How to choose a Framework
OOP Design Pattern
- MVC: Model - View - Controller
Introduction to PHP Framework
- Getting Started with Framework
- Getting started: A skeleton application
- Unit Testing
- Routing and controllers
- Database and models
- Styling and Translations
- Forms and actions