Advanced Drupal course overview
This advanced Drupal course will take you from beginner or intermediate to master level. On completion of this advanced Drupal course you will be able to:
- Install Drupal on your server
- Create and maintain Views
- Manage CCK
- Customise existing themes
- Manage Panels
- Build an e-commerce website or online shop
The complete course is hands-on based. A practical Drupal project at the end of the course will ensure that you can practically use Drupal on your own projects. This short Drupal course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is Advanced Drupal training for?
This training is for you if you are interested in mastering Views, CCK and theme edition or creation. You may (or may not) have already used Views and CCK. This course also helps you to create Drupal E-Commerce website using Ubercart. If you are interested in programming Drupal themes and modules, consider our Drupal programming course.
Prerequisites for Advanced Drupal course
- You should have a basic understanding of Drupal. You can learn how to use Drupal in our beginners Drupal Course
- Previous HTML and CSS experience would be beneficial. You can learn HTML and CSS in Training Dragon's web design course.
- It is not necessary to have knowledge of any programming language before you start this Drupal course but If you have some knowledge of PHP then it will make learning this course even easier. Training Dragon provides PHP Course.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Drupal developers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Drupal solutions across a range of websites for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Drupal training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our Drupal courses are designed to get you started in Drupal. We work on industry related projects in this Drupal course.
- Course Material:
Drupal electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive a Drupal course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Drupal do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Advanced Drupal Course Contents
Drupal for online shop or eCommerce website using Ubercart
- What is e-Commerce?
- Why use Drupal for online shop
- Download and install the Drupal eCommerce plugins
- Configuring your store
- Adding categories
- Adding products
- Adding product attributes
- Configuring currency
- Configuring online Payment modules
- Shipping modules
- Managing customers
- Managing orders
- Adding extra fields to a node with cck
- Standard field types (Text, Number, Node and User Reference)
- Widgets (Checkbox, Select List, Textfield)
- Contributed CCK extension modules like email fields, date fields
- Content Construction in Drupal
- The Content Construction Kit
- Basic fields types (text, decimal, float, integer)
- The structure of fields and where they fit in Drupal
- Field widgets and Field formatters
- Single / Multiple value Fields, shared Fields
- Node Reference and User Reference Fields
- File (and image) Fields
- Fine-grained access control for fields
- Creating simple views with Views UI module
- Overriding views
- Views type and available extensions
- Dealing with relationships (nodereference and userreference fields)
- Building Views of Content
- The building blocks of Views
- View Filters
- View Arguments
- Exposing filters
- Views Displays
- Views Attachments
- Theming a view
- Saving and re-using views
- Helpful modules for Views
- Creating pages with multiple content
- Panels basic options and definitions
- Panels displays, panel pages, panel nodes
- Mini panels
- Panels arguments
- Panels context
- Creating Master/details pages
- Making smart sites by adjusting them to user location, language, gender and age
Drupal Layout and Theming
- Theme installation
- Use of HTML, CSS and PHP
- Modify existing theme
- Change the look of sections
- Create a custom Drupal theme
- Best practices for theming.
Project: Create a Drupal E-Commerce website using Ubercart
Using the skills obtained from our Drupal course, we will build a complete personal or business brochure, magazine and ecommerce website. This project involves many stages from planning, team work, installation, module management, testing and launching your Drupal online shop website.