Magento development course overview
This advanced Magento course is for For Developers and Programmers who want to develop bespoke Magento modules or modify existing Magento programming. This course provides essential development skills for implementing and customizing solutions on the Magento eCommerce platform. On completion of this advanced Magento programming course you will be able to:
- Create Magento Module
- Use Magento Core Database Abstraction Layer
- Develop a responsive theme and apply it on Magento
- Magento Webservice
- Magento unit testing
- Follow best Magento development practice
The complete course is hands-on based. A practical Magento module development project at the end of the course will ensure that you can practically create Magento module for your own projects. This short Magento course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is Magento development training for?
This training is for you if you are interested in developing Magento Modules or work as Magento developer. This course is appropriate for both developers who are new to Magento, as well as those developers who are experienced with launching and extending the platform. If you are interested in programming themes development, consider our Magento theming course.
Prerequisites for Magento development course
- You should have a good understanding of Magento management, installation and plugins etc. You can learn how to use Magento in our Magento course.
- It is not necessary to have knowledge of HTML5 and responsive web design before you start this Magento development course however if you plan to manage mobile friendly and responsive Magento themes then you should first consider our HTML5 training and Mobile web design course.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Magento developers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Magento solutions across a range of websites for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Magento training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our Magento courses are designed to get you started in Magento. We work on industry related projects in this Magento course.
- Course Material:
Magento programming electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive a Magento development course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Magento do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Magento development Course Contents
Introduction to Magento: features, key concepts and ecosystem
- Background and Features
- Magento and Technology
- Magento in figures
- About Magento Inc.., Editor Magento
- The Magento ecosystem and its relevance to developers
- Tips for installation and demo database
- Installing an instance Magento
- Installation on development machine
- Installation on preproduction infrastructure and prod
- Industrialize the Magento installation
- Migrate an instance Magento
- Update an instance Magento
- Magento installation and migration
Magento Connect, the marketplace for Magento
- Although use Magento Connect
- Magento Connect, V1.5 and V2
- The Downloader and Enterprise versions & Professional
- Establishment of the French translation
Tools to help with developments in Magento
- Magento and Zend Studio
- Magento and Zend Application Server
- Other development tools and debugging
- Tools built into Magento
- Using Zend Studio
- Using Zend Application Server
Template system and relations with the views module
- Magento folder structure
- Websites, Stores and Shops Views
- Themes (layouts, templates, skins)
- (Blocks of structure, content blocks)
- Organizing templates
- Directories interfaces, themes and settings
- Hierarchy of themes and interfaces
- Composition layouts
- Relationship Management and layouts
- Tips for proper operation of the fallback
- Relations with the modules and the MVC architecture
- Operation of the template
- Interaction analysis and design modules
Magento Module Development
- General structure
- Code organised in modules
- Configuration based MVC
- Context based URI Model Loading
- The Magento Config
- Setting up a magento config
- Creating magento config
- Magento Controller
- Magento Layout
- Magento Models
- Creating a model
- Basic Model Operations
- CRUD, The magento way
- Model Collections
- Magento Setup Resources
- Entity Attribute Value (EAV)
Import and export of items under Magento
- Profile Configuration
- Dataflow products
- Exporting simple products
- Import simple products
- The special case of complex products
- Dataflow customers
- Export Accounts Receivable
- Import Accounts Receivable
- Dataflow attributes and categories?
- Import and export of items