Magento Theme Design course overview
This 2 days advanced Magento Theme design course will take you from beginner theme developer to master level. On completion of this advanced Magento course you will be able to:
- Create themes for Magento sites
- Apply your bespoke themes
- Customise existing themes
- Create & manage templates
The complete course is hands-on based. A practical Magento project at the end of the course will ensure that you can practically create Magento themes for your own projects. This short Magento theme development course is hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based. This training can be taken as a part-time evening course or even on the weekends.
Who is Magento Theme Design training for?
This training is for you if you are interested in mastering Magento theme edition or creation. You may (or may not) have already used Magento themes before. If you are interested in programming Magento modules, consider our Magento programming course.
Prerequisites for Magento Theme Design course
- You should have a good understanding of Magento back office. You can learn how to use Magento in our Magento course
- It is not necessary to have knowledge of any HTML5 and responsive web design before you start this Magento theme development course however if you plan to create mobile friendly and responsive Magento themes then you should first consider our HTML5 training and Mobile web design course.
What will I get?
- Training from professional Magento developers:
Training Dragon consultants have been implementing professional Magento solutions across a range of websites for many years. Those consultants write and teach our Magento training courses, so their experience directly informs course content.
- Real-time Practice and Projects:
Our Magento theme design courses are designed to get you started in Magento theme designing. We work on industry related projects in this Magento theming course.
- Course Material:
Magento theme design electronic notes are included in this course.
- Course Completion Certificate:
After completing this training your will receive a Magento themes design course completion certificate.
- Support and Careers Advice:
After the course if you have any problems or questions regarding Magento theme design do not hesitate to contact us. Training Dragon’s trainers are expert in their fields and if you need any help with you career choice, please speak to one of our trainers.
View Complete Course outline
Magento Theme Design Course Contents
Introduction to Magento: features, key concepts and ecosystem
- Background and Features
- Magento and Technology
- Magento in figures
- About Magento Inc.., Editor Magento
- The Magento ecosystem and its relevance to developers
- Tips for installation and demo database
- Installing an instance Magento
- Installation on development machine
- Installation on preproduction infrastructure and prod
- Industrialize the Magento installation
- Migrate an instance Magento
- Update an instance Magento
- Magento installation and migration
Magento Connect, the marketplace for Magento
- Although use Magento Connect
- Magento Connect, V1.5 and V2
- The Downloader and Enterprise versions & Professional
- Establishment of the French translation
Tools to help with developments in Magento
- Magento and Zend Studio
- Magento and Zend Application Server
- Other development tools and debugging
- Tools built into Magento
- Using Zend Studio
- Using Zend Application Server
Magento Layout and Theming
- Theme installation
- Use of HTML, CSS and PHP
- Modify existing theme
- Change the look of sections
- Create a custom Magento theme
- Best practices for theming.
- Theming Engines
- Default theme functions
- Overriding theme function in a theme
- PHP Template
- Tpl Files
- theme Function
Template system and relations with the views module
- Magento folder structure
- Websites, Stores and Shops Views
- Themes (layouts, templates, skins)
- (Blocks of structure, content blocks)
- Organizing templates
- Directories interfaces, themes and settings
- Hierarchy of themes and interfaces
- Composition layouts
- Relationship Management and layouts
- Tips for proper operation of the fallback
- Relations with the modules and the MVC architecture
- Operation of the template
- Interaction analysis and design modules
Project: Create a Magento Responsive Theme from Scratch
Using the skills obtained from our Magento course, we will build a complete responsive Magento theme and apply it on a Magento website. This theme will work on computers, laptops, phones and tablets. This project involves many stages from planning, team work, installation, module management, testing and launching your Magento theme online.